The Bonaire Hotel & Tourism Association (BONHATA) is the association of the tourism private sector of Bonaire. The association is the unified voice of the private sector of the island and works together with the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) of Bonaire to promote and market Bonaire as Destination. The association is growing and currently represents more than hundred tourism related businesses, both on island and off island. We are looking for candidates for the full-time position, effective April 2018 at the latest of:
Chief Executive Officer (M/F)
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the key management leader of the organisation of the association and responsible for overseeing the strategic goals, marketing plans and -programs, membership relations and performance review of the association, this in line with the association’s strategic plan and goals as defined by the Board of Directors. The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Realisation of the strategic goals;
- Write and execute yearly execution plans;
- Spokesperson and PR activities;
- Plan, administer, review and report on all finances of the association;
- Facilitate board and committee meetings;
- Oversee marketing activities of the association;
- Oversee and execute all other daily operations of the association;
- Represent the association in meetings with the DMO, National and Local government and other stakeholders;
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with stakeholders;
- Maintain member relations.
The right candidate will be able to prove the following skills, education and training
- Management degree and/or proven experience in association management;
- Strong affinity with Tourism;
- You Love Bonaire;
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with Governmental and private sector partners;
- Computer savvy;
- Excellent and accurate communicator, verbal and written;
- Very familiar with (digital) marketing;
- Able to work independently;
- Fluent in Dutch and English; Papiamentu and/or Spanish is a plus;
- Representative and purpose oriented personality;
- Willingness to work outside of office hours and to travel.
BONHATA offers a challenging position in a developing and diverse environment with an appropriate remuneration ranging from US$ 3,200 – 4,100 gross per month depending on education and experience. Applicants are invited to write an application letter and accompanying curriculum vitae to email@example.com, attn. Selection Committee. Applications need to be received before January 5, 2018.
First interviews will be held in the week of January 15th, 2018
Second interviews will be held in the week of January 22nd, 2018
Starting date: April 1st 2018 (not a joke)