Harbor Village Bonaire is looking for a skilled and experienced cook to prepare delicious meals according to the menu. You will prepare dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and fast delivery. An excellent cook must be able to follow the instructions in the kitchen and prepare tasty meals. They have to work as a team member and can multitask. Experience with the use of different ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Job title: Experienced cook
Type: Full-Time Advantages: Good compensation and tips.
Salary scale: from $ 8.50 / hour (salary negotiable based on experience and expertise)
Tasks and responsibilities
• Installing and preparing all necessary ingredients and cooking appliances
• Mise-en-place, preparing vegetables, meat, etc.
• Prepare dishes in different ways in collaboration and consultation with the Sous Chef.
• Provide a nice presentation of all dishes before they are served
• Keep a clean and orderly environment in the kitchen
• Make sure all food and other items are properly stored
• Check the quality of ingredients
• Monitor stock and place orders when there is a shortage
• Proven experience as a cook
• Experience with the use of cutting tools, cooking utensils and baked goods
• Knowledge of different cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, cooking, etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitary procedures
• Possibility to work in a team
• Very good communication skills
• Excellent physical fitness and endurance
Please send your resume and motivation in English to Melissahilgers@harbourvillage.com