CTEX, the state of the art data and cloud computing center, launched a new HyperCloud Service this week. The folks at CTEX were kind enough to send me a number of brochures with tons of details regarding these new services and because there contain so much information, I didn’t feel right to trim it down.
That’s why I decided to put all of this information into one big post – the definitive guide to CTEX and their services.
The information in this post is published from CTEX brochures, with the company’s permission. That’s why CTEX at times will be referred to as “our” or we”.
CTEX Company Information
CTEX designs, builds and operates TIER-IV, international data center and internet exchange points from which colocation, interconnection, cloud and managed services are delivered to enterprise and government customers.
CTEX is a privately held company and is funded by both private and institutional investors such as financial firms, pension funds and others. The company leverages the deep experience of its management team who has held various executive level positions in companies such as Telefonica, Terremark, KPMG, Global Crossing, Vodafone and others.
The company runs and operates full-service Tier-IV data center and internet exchange points through which large amounts of network interconnect and exchange traffic will flow. The company’s facilities also serve as a service aggregation/distribution hub for network traffic and network-based services. A carrier neutral nucleus serves as the foundation upon which governments, service providers and enterprise customers can deploy their mission critical infrastructure and systems.
Aside from running and operating world-class Tier-IV datacenters, CTEX’s facilities have been purposely designed to support the latest high-density ‘Cloud’ computing infrastructures, thus enabling companies to pool computing, storage, networking and power needs on an ‘on-demand’ basis. Customers can build private virtualized environments leveraging VMware and other technologies to maximize their investments while fully controlling spend.
CTEX Data and Cloud Services
Customer Solution & Configuration
In order to meet your immediate requirements, we will leverage an alternate datacenter in Curacao which also serves as the landing station location for all major subsea fiber interconnections. At this location, we’ve implanted the entire proposed VBLOCK environment. The proposed solution will be seamlessly migrated to our Tier-IV datacenter in the 3rd quarter of 2013 without the need for CUSTOMER intervention.
Our solution leverages our Vblock infrastructure using CISCO UCS blade server together with EMC RAID/RAIN technology. The Vblock is a complete Virtual Infrastructure package built on EMC Clariion CX4 series or the EMC Symmetrix V-Max for the storage layer, connected over Cisco Nexus 1000V and Cisco Multilayer Directional Switches (MDS) to a Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) blade center running VMware vSphere 5 . By using a fixed combination of components VCE (a consortium of VMware, Cisco and EMC) is able to guarantee performance, capacity and availability SLA for a known number of virtual machines.
Value To Customers
Together with international partners such as Schneider Electric, CISCO Systems, EMC, VMWARE, VCE and others, customers located in the Caribbean and Latin America now have access to a world-class facility. Rather than having to house their critical data and systems in far flung data centers in the US or Europe, customers are assured that their data is maintained in region.
The benefits of CTEX
- CTEX facility employs the latest technology. Customers are provided with a 100% uptime and availability as compared to other providers
- Our private cloud solutions, in particular our Cloud Email solutions, provide customers with a private platform – ‘your data, your infrastructure, your servers’
- Use of a state-of-the-art unified infrastructure means you are guaranteed fewer interruptions
We are passionate about security, hence customers benefit from advanced security management and monitoring policies and procedures
- Configuration flexibility & control – because our customers have full control of their private environment, they are able to exercise far better control of their data and configuration.
The benefits of being Curacao
- Curaçao is part of the Dutch Kingdom which means an immense level of stability and security. Having the highest court in Holland as the court of last recourse brings peace of mind for international companies who conduct business in the Caribbean and Latin America
- The island also lies outside the traditional hurricane belt and major seismic zones
- The island today has connections via 5 major submarine cables with two more planned to arrive onto the island by the second quarter of 2013, thus providing immense global connectivity
- Curacao offers excellent fiscal benefits for international companies who conduct business on the island including 0% import duties on equipment, a 2% tax regime for companies who seek to domicile themselves on the island and excellent expatriate benefits
- CTEX will leverage a sea water air-conditioning (SWAC) system to provide low cost cooling for its facilities
- Curacao has a multi-lingual workforce. Most speak at least four languages
The company’s data center facilities consists of a window-less 8” thick solid concrete exterior panels, and are designed to withstand a Category 5 hurricane with 12 million pounds of roof ballast. The building is a two story building: The conference room, Whitespace, UPS rooms etc. will be on the first floor.
The main technical facilities power distribution rooms, UPS rooms, transformer rooms, Emergency generator plants and standard plants for electricity and cooling are located in an auxiliary building adjacent to the main building.
The second floor houses the Emergency Offices and the Document Management & Storage Facilities. The Center has been designed to comply with TIA-942 Tier 4 specifications and with the requirements for SAS-70 and PCI-DSS certification. All systems are concurrently maintainable.
If you want more information about CTEX and their cloud services, you can check out their website for contact information.